Headed to one of the premium runways at the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival next week and need some outfit inspiration? We’ve got you covered with our picks for Melbourne’s most fashionable week…
- Don’t overdress. Fashion week is the ideal opportunity to really flex your sartorial muscle, so wear what you love but remember: fashion week isn’t a club, so leave the overly revealing outfit for Saturday night.
- Wear something comfortable. Nothing looks worse than someone fiddling with their outfit all night, so avoid skirts that ride up and tops that you’re constantly having to pull at.
- Don’t discount sneakers. When heading to a fashion week, your instinct may be to go straight for your stilettos, but if you want to look street-cool pair your outfit with some cool white sneakers.
- Looking to get snapped by a street style photographer? Go for pieces that you would wear everyday and add some extra interest with accessories. Don’t try and dress for them and don’t be tempted to overdo it.
- Tailoring is key, so make sure your outfit fits like a glove. Nothing looks worse than an ill-fitting jacket or pant.
FRENCH CONNECTION Bomber jacket available in selected stores | NAPOLEON PERDIS Mattetastic Lipstick in Grace | MIMCO Bag available in selected stores | CHRISTIAN PAUL Watch available in selected stores | KENZO Flying Thin bangle available in selected stores | RAY-BAN Sunglasses | URBAN SOUL Sneakers
Myer is proud to be a partner of the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival in 2016! Join us for the Myer Designer & Contemporary Fashion Runway on Friday 11 March to see Face of Myer, Jennifer Hawkins and Myer Ambassador Kris Smith own the runway on Level 1 of the Myer Melbourne City store.
Seated tickets have now sold out but don’t let that stop you! There will be plenty of room to stand and watch, without a ticket as we showcase the latest Autumn collections.