Keeping warm in winter has never been easier with this season’s chic longer layers…
- Before the bitter cold of winter hits, embrace bare legs with a slightly longer hemline. Whether in a dress or skirt, look for styles that fall mid-thigh and don’t be afraid to add a chunky knit over the top for extra warmth.
- Long vests are an easy way to work layers in a more formal way. They’re ideal for your 9-5 collection as they can be added to just about any simple outfit to add a bit of extra interest. Just avoid layering your vest over really loose or bulky pieces.
- One of the best pieces to invest in this season is a long-line cardigan. We love shades of grey, but a black or tan option will work back with most neutral colours you may already have in your wardrobe.
- Casual weekends are made for longer layers. Think about long snuggly knits and longer coats that softly drape. Just be sure to keep your bottom half more fitted – go with skinny jeans or fitted skirts. Add a sneaker and you’re all set.
- When choosing any long-line piece, be sure to try it on to check the length. Pieces that are too long might swamp you, while pieces that are too short can cut your body off in the wrong places. The general rule of thumb for long-line is the hem should sit just above the knee but no higher than mid-thigh.
Left to Right
LOOK 1: WAYNE COOPER Funnel neck knit dress & URBAN SOUL Ace sneakers
LOOK 2: BASQUE Longline sleeveless rib cardigan, marle knit long sleeve skivvy, seam front ponte pant & URBAN SOUL Ace sneakers
LOOK 3: PIPER Edge to edge cardigan, pleather suedette skirt, short sleeve t-shirt & TONY BIANCO Ecuador boots
LOOK 4: PIPER Blanket coat, sleeveless rib sweater, jeans with zip & NEW BALANCE beige sneakers (available mid-April)
LOOK 5: BASQUE Drape front soft coat available in selected stores, ribbed sleeveless turtle neck knit top, jodphur ponte pant & TONY BIANCO Ecuador boots
LOOK 6: WAYNE COOPER Salt & Pepper coat, black skinny pant & INNOVARE MADE IN ITALY steph sneakers
Shop all Womenswear online here.