When it comes to doubling up on any colour or print in your outfit, it’s a fine line between getting right and getting it very wrong. Here’s our tips for how to tan from top-to-toe…
Photo by Jacopo Raule/GC Images
- It’s all about textures when doubling-up tan, so look for garments with different fabrics. Mix leather skirts with wool knits or cotton jackets with suede dresses.
- Know your tans. Tan, camel, beige – whatever you call it – has a number of different shades and not all will suit everyone. Avoid choosing the wrong shade for your colourings by trying on a few different shades to see what looks best.
- Break up your look with black or white accessories. Black looks super chic with tan, so try a black tee under your tan blazer or even some simple black shoes and a belt will help break up an otherwise full tan look.
- Mix your tans. Further to our second point, there are a number of different shades of tan and mixing these can create a beautiful tonal look. Try a warm toffee tan leather skirt with a lighter tan knit and a beige trench coat – instant street chic!
- If tan just isn’t your colour and all shades tend to wash you out, never fear becasue tan accessories are here! A tan leather bag is a classic, as are tan ankle boots, so simply look to these pieces and add to an all black ensemble or even a grey and denim look – it will satisfy your tan craving and have you looking sharp in no time.
get the look
Shop all Womenswear online here.